Moving house can be one of life’s most stressful events. However, by careful planning and organisation. You can reduce the amount of hassle and worry on the moving day.
De-clutter you unwanted items
A simple way of reducing the amount of items you have to take with you is by donating clothes, curtains and children’s toys to Charity shops. There are also sites such as MusicMagpie.co.uk that will give you cash for your unwanted CDs, games and DVDs. With online services such as Netflix and Spotify, they items are not needed and usually just gather dust.
Numbering your boxes
It’s easier to write ‘1’ or ‘2’ than ‘kitchen’ or ‘small bedroom’ on forty boxes.
Moving Day Box
- Refreshments: Kettle/ tea/ coffee/ sugar/ mugs/ tea spoon/ long life milk/ biscuits/ juice
- Petty cash (around £10 in change should be fine, for any last minute essentials)
- Phone chargers
- Scissors, pen, paper, tape
- Paper plates/ plastic cups and cutlery
- Screwdriver, hammer, screws, nails
Passports, house deeds, birth and marriage certificates, moving van receipts and other important papers. Keep them together to avoid worry and reduce the likelihood of losing them.
If you're looking for the perfect home in Leamington Spa, then take a look at our latest properties in the Leamington area and get in touch today to find out more 01926 88 88 44.